We have vendor tables to provide you with an opportunity to shop with purpose or just for fun!
Some wonder why we have vendor tables since Jesus cleansed the temple of the people selling animals & birds there (Mt. 21:12-17, Mark 11:15-19, Luke 19:45, John 2:14-17). We can in clear conscience allow things to be sold at the event because of our understanding that this is not the same issue as Jesus cleansing out the temple. We see massive differences in these issues:
- JESUS WAS TO BE THE SACRIFICE, NOT ANIMALS: Jesus cleansed the temple of animal sacrifice items because He was THE sacrifice that would take away the sins of the world. (Mt. 26:28, John 1:29, 12:44-50; 1 Jn 2:2, 3:5)
- NEW COVENANT: Jesus was getting them ready for the New Covenant and doing away with the old sacrificial system. (Lk 22:20, Jr 31:31-34, Hb 8:4-13, 9:20, 12:18-24, 13:20)
- SCAMMING PEOPLE: They were selling items at exorbitant prices, essentially stealing from them and taking advantage of them needing these items. Jesus says this right in the gospel accounts of the event.
- MANIPULATING: They were selling things that people needed to be able to worship. People will not be selling you things that you need to meet with God, that’s free! Inferred in the gospel accounts of the event.
- THEY WERE STOPPING PEOPLE FROM MEETING WITH GOD… The outer courts were where women and Gentiles (non-Jewish people) were supposed to be able to come pray, meet with God and hear the ‘derasha’ (homily or what we call a sermon). The “money changers” had set up shop in the Court of the Gentiles where Gentiles were supposed to be able to come to worship God. The Jewish people at that time were not being the light to the nations they were called to be and prohibited non-jews from building relationship with God. The “outer courts” shouldn’t be compared to the lobbies, café’s, or gymnasiums of our churches; they are not the designated areas for worship.